What is the Innovation Exchange?
The Florida ExpertNet Innovation Exchange is a free, centralized tool dedicated to matching businesses with university expertise and resources. ExpertNet provides the only comprehensive, single-access point to applied research in Florida's universities.
Who can join the Exchange?
Any Florida business with a valid FEID or FEIN is encouraged to join. If you don't meet these criteria, but would still like to join, please submit a request
What is Florida ExpertNet?
Florida ExpertNet is a statewide portal of applied research expertise in Florida's universities. With one quick search users can identify relevant:
- experts (principal investigators)
- funded research projects
- centers and institutes
- technology licensing opportunities
- instructional programs
Florida ExpertNet was established in 1999 and is operated by the Center for Information Management and Educational Services (CIMES) at The Florida State University in conjunction with the State University System of Florida Board of Governors.
What is an Expert?
An Expert is any faculty that is a principle investigator (PI) or Co-PI on a grant funded by an external organization.
What is a Technology for Licensing?
Florida's universities generate hundreds of new discoveries every year that need commercial partners to get them from the lab to the market. These technologies are available for a business to enter into an agreement with a university for a license to commercialize the technology.
Who can see my business profile?
- Any University personnel with ExpertNet accounts, such as Experts, Center Directors, and University Administrators
- Any business with an Innovation Exchange account
What is the briefcase?
A briefcase allows you to select technologies or projects and add them to your briefcase for easy retrieval.
What universities are participating?
The following institutions are actively participating in ExpertNet by providing their funded research information on a regular basis:
- Florida A&M University (FAMU)
- Florida Atlantic University (FAU)
- Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU)
- Florida Institute of Technology (FIT)
- Florida International University (FIU)
- Florida State University (FSU)
- University of Central Florida (UCF)
- University of Florida (UF)
- University of Miami (UM)
- University of North Florida (UNF)
- University of South Florida (USF)
- University of West Florida (UWF)
Who do I contact for assistance?
You may request assistance through a request form or contact us directly.
Clearinghouse for Applied Research
Phone: (850) 645-0830
Toll Free: (800) 428-1194
Fax: (850) 645-2222